A WEEKLY ENRICHMENT Program
We aim to teach students a strong work ethic as they learn where food comes from and connect classroom studies to real world situations.
Farm School Overview
Blackwood’s Farm School exists to teach students a strong work ethic as they learn where food comes from and connect classroom studies to real-world situations. They will leave empowered to utilize their new skills to continue modeling the importance of regenerative food systems in daily life.
This weekly experiential program is designed to provide students with an in-depth, hands-on look into how a 21st-century farm operates. In a day, students will live the full cycle of basic agroecology and learn the value of preparing wholesome food. They will leave better stewards, excited to make conscientious decisions in all their future pursuits.
Lessons incorporate science, writing, strategic planning, carpentry, livestock management, and culinary arts.
Sessions run seasonally. Contact us for scholarship information!
,• Ages 6-10
• Additional younger or older siblings are not permitted to attend farm school classes
• Students must wear farm clothes (something they are willing to get dirty) and boots or sturdy closed-toed shoes.
• Students must be comfortable working outside in different weather.
• Students should bring a water bottle, sunscreen, hat, work gloves, notebook & pen or pencil, lunch and snacks.
• Spring Dates: Feb 20 – May 15, 2023
• Price: $195/Student
• Drop off: 9AM | Pick up: 2PM
• Each day includes 4 hours of facilitated instruction with a break for lunch.
• Lunch is not provided, but students will eat what they have prepared with the chef each day.