A WEEKLY ENRICHMENT Program
We aim to teach students a strong work ethic as they learn where food comes from and connect classroom studies to real world situations.
Farm School Overview
Blackwood’s Farm School is a weekly experiential program designed to provide students with an in-depth, hands-on look into how a 21st-century farm operates. Students will learn about the cycles of nature and the value of preparing wholesome food. They will leave better stewards of the earth, excited to make conscientious decisions in all their future pursuits. Lessons will incorporate science, writing, strategic planning, carpentry, livestock management, and culinary arts.
8:45 – 9:15 Drop-off
9:00 – 9:30 Farm and Animal Chores
9:30 – 10:00 Story Time + Snack
10:00 – 11:30 Exploration/Farm Project/Ancestral Skills
11:30 – 12:30 Lunch & Free Play
12:30 – 1:45 Science-based Project
1:45 – 2:00 Clean-up & Closing Circle
2:00 – 2:15 Pick-up
Sessions run seasonally. Scholarships and sibling discounts are available.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
,• Ages 6-10
• Students must wear farm clothes (something they are willing to get dirty) and boots or sturdy closed-toed shoes.
• Students must be comfortable working outside in different weather.
• Students should bring a water bottle, sunscreen, hat, work gloves, notebook & pen or pencil, lunch, and snacks.
• Spring Dates: Mondays, Session 1: March 20 – April 24, 2023 (6 weeks); Session 2: May 1-June 5, 2023 (6 weeks)
• Price: $250/Student
• Drop off: 9AM | Pick up: 2PM
• Each day includes 4 hours of facilitated instruction with a break for lunch.
• Lunch is not included, but students will prepare a snack to share as a part of their lessons that day.
• Parents are welcome to stay on-site and work. WiFi and coffee will be available.